Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sacrifice

I was recently reading an article about a man who was sentenced to death for his heresy, trying to make an English version of the Bible. This got me thinking, will I do anything great for my faith. Would I be willing to die for my beliefs. Well I hope the answer is yes to both of those questions but I have control over the answer is the scary thing. Now yes predestination, God decided everything, but there is free will in there somewhere and I need to use it. I need to find a way make a difference like this man if not for him it is possible that the progression of Christianity could have taken much much longer. Now I know that most Christians when asked if they would die for their faith say yes but I just don’t honestly believe that. I just have a hard time swallowing the idea that 90% of the people at my church would actually die. If someone pointed a gun at me and asked if I am a Christian I don’t know what I would say, let alone if I would be willing to die. The faith needs people willing to sacrifice to spread it and I want to help spread it but I feel as though I can never live up to the examples of great Christian men from the past, but then again not many can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

When you sacrifice, you don't intend to gain anything, but youbeing an objectivist probably wouldn't understand what we're talking about. And now toHayden, I've always been one to think that the times make the man, and I thinm when it comes to something like dying for your faith, you can never be exactly sure that you'll be prepared to give your life until that moment happens, we can only hope that we will if the occassion arises. I do agree with you though, I don't know if I'd be willing to either, but like I said, I can only hope that I'm strong enough if the ocassion should arise.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home