Thursday, April 06, 2006

CREED PART ONE

The other day my Bible teacher gave my class a very interesting project, to create a creed. This is something that I really look forward to doing but I feel extremely serious about. This project has me actually declaring all of my beliefs that I think are core to being a Christian. As I have previously stated I am not a fan of predestination but I feel that I am at the point where I can accept it now. So for the first part of my creed I will be talking about the omnipotence of God, since God being all powerful is central to my belief. So here is a first draft of the section of my creed specifically about God. By the way comments on this and ways to defend it would be much appreciated.

God is all powerful. God controls all things past, present and future. The Lord has preordained all men to either receive his amazing mercy, or his just wrath. Everyone in heaven or hell is there because they were preordained to go there before the beginning of time according to God’s perfect will. In short God knows and controls all things. By the way of controlling all things the Lord is also in all places (omnipresent).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hmm...still gonna have to be Arminianist on this one, there's a difference between knowing and controlling, and I still think that we all have free will, especially if you use the garden of eden as an example. And the next part of your creed should of course be belief in Jesus as the sun of God, cause thats kind of a cornerstone.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home