Monday, April 03, 2006

what happened to knowledge being a good thing

What has happened to the world? All the sins of the world originated from wanting as much knowledge as God, to be God's equal. Now people are content to be idiots. The average person in my high school doesn’t care about how much knowledge they are able to obtain. Now I am aware of the fact that not all knowledge is book knowledge and I myself do not always have the best grades but I still want to gain knowledge. We are all God's creations and so many of us are wasting our lives just because it is not cool to be smart or we are just lazy. I am just as guilty as anyone but why cant we at least attempt to make something of ourselves. Why is that only the poor struggle to better themselves? We should all try to better our standing in the world instead of taking on the sad excuse of a life slogan that is some where around fatalism and apathy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Yeah yeah yeah...IM FUZZZZZYYY AND ALTRUISM SUUUCKS...we know you're an objectivist, so repeating the above has kind of lost its effect/gotten old. However I do agree that there has always been a time where people didn't like using their heads.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, you kind of do, and I still see selfishness as unrealistic and childish, nobody is really accomplishing anything here.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home